Thursday, 30 July 2015

Burrito Bowl / Recipe



I'm not entirely sure what to call this creation, I've seen lots of different variations on Pinterest (New addiction, move over Tumblr). A burrito bowl, a Buddha bowl, a salad bowl or a de-constructed sushi bowl. Basically, a BOWL of absolute yummy nutritious goodness. I'm currently loving this dish, I've been having it every day for dinner for the last week and I'm still not bored of it. It's versatile, you can literally add anything you fancy. Whether that be meat, cheese, different kinds of vegetables, grains - quinoa, couscous or rice. There's no limits to what you can add, however I'm going to put my recipe/how I put the bowl together. I must admit that I did specifically buy a white, rounded shallow bowl purely for photogenic photos. 

I am becoming the ultimate blogger, aren't I?

Ingredients:
  • Handful of raw spinach
  • 1 small sweet potato, sliced as thinly as possible
  • 1/2 courgette, sliced as thinly as possible
  • 1 carrot, raw, grated
  • 50g chickpeas, drained
  • 80g sweetcorn
  • 1/2 avocado
  • Soy sauce to taste
  • Salt and pepper to taste
  • Paprika
This doesn't exactly require a method, it's just a pretty bowl of food, aesthetic right. Over the last week I've changed the meal around a bit, adding houmous, halloumi, broad beans, mushrooms and edamame beans.

Here's a couple more images of the dish, with a variety of different ingredients. It would be cool if anyone else made this, to see what you put in the bowl. It's simple to throw together, doesn't require much preparation and provides more than your 5-a-day.