Friday, 1 April 2016

March Madness | Where is This Year Going?

At this very moment, I am basking in the warm, natural light of Spring, sipping a peppermint tea because I kinda ate an entire tub of ice cream last night and am hoping it cancels it out. Who cares though because it was salted caramel flavour and it was the bomb.

March is over!

First and foremost, I cannot believe it's April. The year is going so fast and time is kinda scary to me. I sometimes feel like I'm running out of time, or there's not enough time to do everything I want to.

I need to chill. I'm 20, not 80.

Some of my favourite things of last month

Rainbow Rowell (most treasured YA author) has favourited several of my tweets.

Completed all of my A2 coursework. FOR GOOD. Never will I be up all night panicking and crying whilst hitting that relief of a word limit on three individual sets of coursework again!

Coffee dates with my mum. She's been putting in long hours as a carer and I haven't been able to see her much. So when the opportunity arose we went for coffee and chatted (and gossiped). It's finally spring meaning I can enjoy iced coffees without freezing to death, there's nothing like a cold icy coffee in the summer! (It's not summer yet, I know but I'm so ready for it)

Girly sleepovers with a friend from college. We made pizzas, a vegan special for me and pepperoni and olives for Emma. Have you ever met someone who is you in every way possible, just in another body? That is Emma. We share a massive love for books and poetry. When we were arranging to have a sleepover, I was more excited to browse her bookshelves. She buys me peppermint tea on our college breaks, she makes me cry laugh, I can tell her everything and not feel judged and we can still in comfortable silence.

Second-hand book shopping has become a new favourite. There's something about used books, knowing someone else has hopefully loved it and cherished the pages as much as I will. Classics are making their way onto my shelves lately so I bought 3 totalling a price of £2.10!!! One of these included an annotated edition of Frankenstein -  you might have already seen this if you follow my instagram, if not then self promoting you can find me @brigeorgie

World Poetry Day; 21st March. I celebrated reading some of my favourite poets including Rupi Kaur (Check out her poetry collection called Milk and Honey), Sylvia Plath and Charles Bukowski!

Tickets to Ellie Goulding were booked before Christmas. The day came around so fast. My mum and I explored Camden for a while before travelling to Greenwich. We went to Cookies & Scream - a vegan bakery in central Camden that I highly recommend for warm, gooey peanut butter brownies and chocolate chip cookies. The weather was beautiful, it felt like summer, people were everywhere enjoying the hectic atmosphere of Camden town. Ellie Goulding's performance was flawless, need I have to say that.

During an English language lesson, English linguist Mark Forsyth came and spoke to our class. He spoke about language change, how words change meaning over time and why, it was fascinating.

Getting back into fitness and regular gym sessions has been one of my priorities for the last couple of months. Running is my all time fav exercise and I'm slowly getting back to running long distances. Feeeeels good.

March marked 6 months being vegan. Doesn't seem like very long but the difference in my health is incredible. My hair grows at an excessive speed, my skin is pretty clear except for you know, that time of the month or when I've stupidly forgotten to take my make up off. I feel healthy. 

If you've read my previous posts, here and here then you might know that I've been sorting out the mess inside my head. March really saw a massive change in me. Well, I think so. The last year of my life I felt like I had lost myself, I wasn't sure who I was, I didn't know what I enjoyed doing, etc etc. I don't feel like I had a personality. But now, something has changed and I feel like I'm learning about myself again. 

What have been your favourite things about March? Or are you looking forward to anything in April?