Saturday, 16 August 2014

Cornwall 2014 - Part 2


Hey, I'm back with my last post about my holiday to Cornwall recently.


On one of the days, me and my mum left my brother, sister and their dad to do some crab fishing and we went exploring. We went in all the quirky art galleries hidden around St Ive's town and this is from one of them. The artist is called Alexandra Dickens and I absolutely fell in love with her work. It looked so simple yet must have taken talent and time to complete. I brought some little post cards with her work on which were nice.


Returning to the same chocolate shop my family always go to when we're in St Ive's. I wish I could remember the name but it was a small chocolate shop in one of the lanes in the town and it sold scones and fudge also. These little shaped chocolates are so so so cute, I didn't buy one this year though because I had already treated myself to some chocolate orange flavoured fudge. But last year I brought one of the chocolate sheep. Mmmm.


Stopping for scones with my mum. Whilst waiting for my brother and sister to finish crab fishing along the harbour, I found a small cafe and brought my mum afternoon tea. I obviously couldn't miss a photo opportunity. I shared this plate with her and the scones were delivered to us, fresh and warm. One of the best things about being in Cornwall, fresh, warm, soft scones.


My brother and sister's successful crab fishing. How they picked the crab up, I have no idea. They only caught one though, bless them but it was a big one haha.


St Ive's Harbour


Land's End


My sister had such a massive appetite on holiday which was so unlike her, she was literally ordering pizza every night. Although I didn't eat this, it deserved a photo.It smelt yummy too.


St Michael's Mount

Briefly visited St Michael's Mount but we didn't have the time to go over there on a boat unfortunately. When the tide is low, you can actually walk over to the island and I wish we could have done that. Maybe next time, but it was a beautiful day and there were lots of doggies enjoying the cool ocean.


I took a wonder around a holiday camp one afternoon and the views were incredible. You could see the sea and because it was a clear day, it was so beautiful and calming. I strolled around for about half hour, taking in the stunning surroundings.

This is my last post on Cornwall although I could do more because I took so many photos. My next post is going to be a haul so look out for that :)