Sunday, 10 August 2014

Cornwall 2014 - Part 1


Last Sunday (3rd of August) I set off to Cornwall with my family for 6 days. I absolutely adore going to Cornwall, exploring all the little towns, the quirky shops and irresistible fudge shops. Normally when my family go on holiday, we just go Monday to Friday but because it was my brother's 10th birthday on the Monday, I suggested for us to leave a day earlier and stay in a hotel. Simply to save time travelling on my brother's birthday especially as it was a 5/6 hour drive there, also leaving late afternoon on a Sunday meant it wasn't going to be hell trying to miss traffic. 

I arrived in Plymouth which is actually in Devon at around half past 8 that evening. We were all very tired and impatient of travelling, it was such a relief. I rarely eat takeaways but I was so hungry that I couldn't say no so we drove into Plymouth town centre and found a fish and chips takeaway. The gentlemen serving us was so lovely and kind, I figured that he probably knew we had travelled far. 

Arriving at our hotel and bathing after a long trip was such a wonderful feeling. However we only paid for one room so 5 of us had to share one room and I will never do it again. It was so cramped and noisy blah blah blah. The next morning it was my brother's 10th birthday so he woke up to presents which was cute. We left early to travel that little bit further down into Cornwall but first we stopped off for breakfast at a supermarket.


My brother's 10th Birthday

I arrived in Penzance in Cornwall at around half 1 that day and we explored Penzance town briefly. My brother and sister brought ice creams from a shop called Willy Waller's, it was so quirky and the flavours of ice cream made me want to cry. Jaffa cake, bounty, white chocolate and raspberry, God it was endless. I unfortunately didn't get to taste any ice cream all week because I like to keep my sugars in control and I panic over food a lot (I'm diabetic if you didn't know). After a quick exploration, we arrived at our holiday camp. Very quiet and calm unlike other places we've been to. 

The Holiday Park

The next day, my family did some travelling and visiting different towns. The views around Cornwall on a sunny, clear day are breathtaking. (See next photo) I thought to myself a lot last week 'who needs to fork out thousands of pounds on a holiday abroad when it can be just as good here'. I took way too many photos of my surroundings last week but who cares because they are spectacular.


Cute Kitty

There was a cute, completely white cat walking around our holiday camp. It was so adorable and friendly, I wanted to take it home :( I'm unsure if it actually belonged to anybody on the park or if it had somehow found it's way in. All I know now is that I want a cat to cuddle :( 
Time to Myself

One of the evenings whilst we were away, I decided I didn't want to go out that evening to the entertainment so I stayed back. I had plenty of supplies - Dr Pepper Zero, orange flavoured jellies, writing and Cosmo magazine. It was bliss. Ft new cool pj's. 

St Ive's

St Ive's is my ultimate favourite place in Cornwall and I always manage to persuade my family to go there every time we're in Cornwall. The views at the top of the town from the car park were amazing, the only problem being having to walk from the car park into the town and back. Many hills and steep staircases. I love St Ive's because it's delicate and dainty, the stone/pebbled floors, sweet shops, the harbour. OH I forgot to mention I also saw a seal that day in the sea. It was so cool, I've never seen an animal like that in the open sea other than in an aquarium. I treated myself to two teeny, tiny bits of fudge but instantly regretted it when my sugars quickly rose to 25. Just my luck. The fudge I brought was in my favourite flavour of course, chocolate orange. Mmmm, if only I could have eaten more :(

More incredible views in St Ive's

As I previously said, who needs to spend too much money on going abroad when this is in the UK??? 

I'm going to split the Cornwall post into two because I have far too many pictures and too much to say, so this is all from post 1, enjoy :)